So game night on Tuesday but it only consisted of me and Al so we spent the night trying to work out what we need to do in order to book our Adepticon tickets. The long and short of it is that I somehow ended up “volunteering” to do the booking for all of us. Which means being up at two in the morning on the 24th to book them so that’s something to look forward to.
On the hobby front I’ve been playing around with some base designs this week. I’ve made a bunch of wooden decking bases that I plan on using for Colette and her show girl if and when they ever arrive, but that’s whole different story. I’ve opted to go with something that looks a bit warped and dishevels just because I think it gives a bit more character. Nice and pristine may be more in keeping with a stage but it just looks a bit boring so this is what I’ve come up with.
On the X-Wing front I’ve double my fleet, which really means I’ve added another ship so I now have a B-Wing to go along with my YT-2400. I’ve got no idea how they will work together or how many points the two will add up to, I just like the look of the B-Wing. At the moment it’s still in stock colours but I may be tempted to try and tweak it a little bit, just to make it mine, and possibly to tie it in with work I did on the YT-2400.
With the Red Steel painting competition coming up on the 5th of December the three models I want to enter have finally arrived. So that will give me three weeks to paint them. At the moment they are just a pile of resin and metal parts. I have managed to clean up most of them and I still need to work out and build bases for two of them but I like the idea of challenge. I may regret that if I’ve not made some good progress by next week but it’s worth a go, and there’s nothing like a deadline, especially when you’ve laid out what your planning, to spur you on.
And that’s it for this week.