Gaming this week saw me and Al finish off our Malifaux game and after two nights of gaming we ended up with a draw. The interesting thing for me was that I lost half of my models and didn’t achieve any of the ‘strategies’ for the game but I did manage to pull of two ‘schemes’ which gave me four victory points. Al on the other hand managed to get two ‘strategies’ and one ‘scheme’ which game him four victory points as well, he also wiped out half of my crew, but he doesn’t get anything or that. That is one of the things I like about the game, it’s not just a fight, you have to think about the strategies and schemes as well. One thing I really need to do before my next game is to look at the synergies between my characters, without them Kaeris’ crew is quite week so I will have to see how she gets on after some homework.
On the hobby front I’ve made a start on this months ‘special brew’ challenge which is paint up a 500 gold Frostgrave war band. My plan for these was just to use the basic Frostgrave box as opposed to using other ranges to make up a more custom band. But I ended botching things up from the start. What I actually ordered were the cultist, which doesn’t really change things in game terms, but it did mean I had to have a bit of painting rethink. So what I’ve done is taken my inspiration from the colour scheme on the back of the box. Rather than building everything at the same time and over facing myself I’ve decided to build them up in blocks of five. So here we have the first five that are nearly finished:
For these first five I just cut things off the frame and stuck them together. For the next five I wanted to make sure they had different components to mix up the models and also to give me some other options for building the war band.
My plan is to paint them with the same palate but to make sure I don’t use the same colours on the same bodies. I want to try and make them look like they are one group but not have the being to uniform.
Also on the hobby front I’m working on some building for use in games like Malifaux and Wild West Exodus. This is part of a set that Al got from a Kickstarter some time ago but has never got round to paint. So I thought I’d have a go at it. My plan is to do as much as I can with the airbrush making sure I use thinned down colours so that I don’t lose the fine details. But we’ll see how it goes.
And that’s it for this week. Happy hobbying and I’ll catch you all again next week.